A participatory installation created at AIDS2012, the XIX International AIDS Conference in Washington, DC (7/22 - 7/27, 2012)
Read about the project here or visit:
grayingofaids.org and acria.org
Click on images for more stories. Site is a work in progress; check back soon for more content.
All content © The Graying of AIDS
- With gratitude to all who shared their stories and their time with us – Naomi, Katja & Viviana
( From our on-site question/comment board )
From our on-site question/comment board:
Are you afraid of what your grandchildren will think?
- Haylee, age 20 / Eureka, Illinois / USA
No. I’ve talked with them and they are supportive and proud of me for what I am doing.
Positive doesn’t have anything to do with my intellect. Stop talking to me like I’m a child and you have to take care of me. I’m just as strong and independent as I was before I was diagnosed. And that I have been sick since ‘97 doesn’t mean that I’m necessarily weak, or stupid. I may get tired and sick occasionally, but right now I’m fine.
- Ann, age “over 50” / Arkansas / USA
- Milagros, age 47 / Tennessee / USA
- Sister Vicious Power Hungry Bitch, age 60 / California / USA